Holland House Electrical has 23 branches covering Scotland and the North of England. We are one of the oldest established electrical distributors in the UK.

The company was founded in 1889 by a group of electrical contractors in the Glasgow area, to allow them to combine their procurement processes. At that time, the company operated from below the Dutch Embassy in Glasgow - where the name 'Holland House' originates. Harold Watson, one of the original directors of the company, specialised in electric lighting. Mr Watson wrote a paper about 'fittings' which he presented to the Institution of Electrical Engineers on the 11th of April 1905. Much of what he said then remains relevant within the industry today. In 1906 Holland House became a private limited company. We have recently received a certificate from the Registrar of Companies, congratulating us on our centenary.

For over 65 years now, the company has been owned by the Dunnet family. The late Frank Dunnet's involvement in the company started in 1933 when he was employed in the Kilmarnock branch, before being called up for service during the war. Having previously worked as a mining engineer, Frank spent approximately 6 years in the navy as an engineer, working on and specialising in minesweepers. After the war, Frank returned to the Kilmarnock branch for a short period of time before moving to the Glasgow branch, when he bought the company. His commitment and drive has built up the business to one of the most admired in the trade. Frank was awarded Officer of the British Empire in 2003 for services to electrical wholesaling.
Today, the business is owned and managed by the next generation of the Dunnet family, Alan, who joined the business in 1972. In 2002 his sons, Alistair and Colin joined the business, signifying the family's commitment to the electrical wholesaling industry.

Holland House employs 150 members of staff and has a turnover of approximately £20million.

Our commitment and service to our customers remains second to none.